Monday, June 6, 2011

Chasing freedom.

An interesting insight that moving offers, is the experience of life with less stuff.  As I pack up, I pare down and soon I am left with only the bare necessities.. This offers a sense of space in which I notice a simplicity that is both unfamiliar and calming. Fewer decisions to make, things available at an arms length. Less stuff around to complicate, crowd, and distract. This spacious simplicity fosters a feeling of freedom.

Ah yes, this reflection of my physical space mirrors the shifting that has been happening within my Self energetically, emotionally, and spiritually.  Noticing the "clutter" that has built up within me in the form of old beliefs, self-degrading conversations, and unhealthy patterns. Recognizing this unnecessary "stuff" I've been carrying around, and slowly allowing it to unhinge from within me. As I let go of this baggage, again I  notice a most delicious, exciting sense of freedom.

Throughout my journey I have found myself yearning for a sense of freedom.  I thought that this feeling of freedom would come when I finally had enough money.  Then when I had the money, I decided that what I lacked was enough time.  When I had all the time in the world, it seemed like what was holding me back were resources, geographical location, the right pair of shoes.  It seemed that Freedom was something that continued to slip from within my reach, the path always blocked. 

As I take a moment to reflect, I realize that Freedom has been here all along. The money, time, resources, and other excuses, were just different versions of fear. What I see now is that Freedom is not having, Freedom is surrendering into the simple Truth that everything we need is within. Freedom sprouts when we remove the clutter in our physical, emotional and spiritual realms, and drop into the current of Natural, Divine flow. Here and now we are already free.

No comments:

Post a Comment